Mick Sobczak (President)
Friday July 27, 2018 2:47 pm
During last night’s Department Executive Committee meeting, we voted to start an attendance challenge for the American Legion Riders Department of California. The rules are easy and five winners will be drawn at our state convention at ALR 108 (Amador) next May. The contest runs August 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019. The five winners will have their 2020 parent organization dues paid by the ALR DEC. If you are a Paid Up For Life member of your parent organization you will receive the cash equivalent of the per capita your post pays to department. The rules are easy and as follows;
Attendance Challenge Rules
1. Attend your parent organization meeting without a Riders vest – one entry
(If you are a dual member, Post/Squadron or Post/Auxiliary, you get an entry for each one attended)
2. Attend your Riders meeting – one entry
3. Attend Rally – one entry
4. Take American Legion Basic Training (legion.org/training) – bonus entry
5. If you are a Post, Auxiliary, Squadron officer you will still receive an entry because of your willingness to serve our parent organizations as an officer.
6. ALR DOC officers are not eligible to win.
Submit your attendance on a monthly basis to your chapter and ensure they send it to the Area VP. We will keep track of your entries.
For God and Country,
American Legion Riders
Department of California
Veterans First * Professionalism * Teamwork
Always with passion and a sense of urgency!
View All News Articles