As we get closer to the end of the year and yes it is only 125 days before Christmas. I know let’s get through Labor Day 1st. However, it is important the everyone especially Chapter President’s and Secretaries keep track and on top of 2018/19 chapter/district deadlines.
Our State Secretary put these out and I think it’s important enough that we put it on the web site as well. So here you go, can’t say you didn’t see the email or it was deleted.
- December 31, 2018 – online roster membership updated by POCs. The number of members on the roster on December 31 determines the chapter per capita of $10 per member. Ex. 12 members = $120.00. NO PAPER ROSTERS will be accepted. The ALRDOC State Secretary will printout your on0line roster on December 31, 2018. The Chapter roster will be frozen on February 1, 2019 UNTIL AFTER CONVENTION. If there are any updates to your roster needed between February 1 and convention, a POC can email the Secretary and the roster will be updated.
- December 31, 2018 – Chapter per capita is due to the ALRDOC Treasurer.
- Prior to April 17, 2019– Delegates and Alternates are to be elected by chapters.
- April 17, 2019 – Delegate fees of $10 per delegate are to be sent into the ALRDOC Treasurer. Delegate fees MUST be paid even if no delegates will be attending convention. EX. 3 delegates = $30.00
- April 22, 2019 – Delegates and Alternates list is to be Emailed to the Secretary by the Chapter President or Secretary only. NO PAPER DELEGATE CERTIFICATIONS.
As you can see we have some work to do and import tasks at hand. Don’t wait until the dead-line date or morning after, we’ve all had plenty of notice mark your calendars if you haven’t already and let’s make this year a productive one.
Thank you for your time and dedication,
State Vice President
ALR DOC SAFETY HANDBOOK UPDATE
Just a short note to all members about MAKING changes to our Safety Handbook. In the next couple of months, the Safety Committee will be meeting (phone call) to look for any corrections, additions or mistakes in the Safety Handbook.
One area we will be addressing the location of the 3-wheel motorcycles within the group and I am sure there are other areas you might want to expand on. If you are interested in being a fly on the wall, a member or just providing input to the committee please let me know so I can keep you in the loop once we get started. Area 6 is still looking for a Safety Representative, so if you are from that Area and want to be part of our committee, contact me or your VP to fill it.
I encourage all members to download the Safety Handbook and read each line...…mark any change(s) you think should be made. Shoot me an email email@example.com and I will compile a list which will be sent to the different area safety representatives. The Committee will then meet and determine which changes are need to be made and present to the ALR DEC for approval. This will take a couple of months, but you need to start reading now.
Ride Safe my friends until we meet again.
Safety Officer ALR DOC
I am happy to announce the upcoming Motorcycle Safety Training on Oct 27, 2018 (Saturday) hosted by the ALR Chapter 83 (Merced) at no charge to American Legion Riders from any Chapter. The Motorcycle Training is being coached by Rob Carrier, your ALR DOC Safety Officer.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is able to attend this event and falls in line with our goals to become better Motorcycle Riders. To attend this Clinic, you must RSVP ALR Chapter 83 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, so they can get a head count and plan for lunch which will cost $5.
This class focuses on 90% riding and 10% instruction. We will provide 6 riding exercises (which have 2 or 3 sizes within them) and one special riding course, similar to competition riding, but at a beginner level. I have attached some pictures from last year training and a picture of the course design I will be using.
Topics covered onsite:
All Riders are required to bring proof of motorcycle insurance, valid Driver's License, an approved DOT Helmet, gloves, long pants and boots. Priority is given to ALRs first if the class gets to large.
Again, this clinic is scheduled for Oct 27, 2018, (Saturday) and all riders will meet at 0900 hours at the South parking lot across from Mercy Medical Center, located on Mercy Ave.
If you have specific questions, you can contact me @208-908-1601 (208 is correct) or email@example.com.
President Chapter 83
10:00 am to 11:00 am
Like us on Facebook
Be one of the 606+ people receiving notifications from the "American Legion Riders Department of California" website.
Subscribe to our mailing list.