Past Chapter 84 President, Retired Captain Ed Norton, rode in the NVAR from Auburn to DC back in May. Upon arrival Ed was selected to lay the wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Chapter 221 First Annual Poker Run
Cost: $20.00 per ride and $5.00 for a passenger
This will include your poker hand and ticket to the 4th Annual Christina´s Pancreatic Cancer Fundraiser dinner
We will be starting out at Gold Mountain Tavern
There will be Prizes for High and Low hands
If you want to arrive early Gold Mountain Tavern will also be donating 10% of sales to the Chapter for any one that might want to grab something before we ride
Sign up and Registration starts at 1200
Any question please let us know email@example.com
As we get closer to the end of the year and yes it is only 125 days before Christmas. I know let’s get through Labor Day 1st. However, it is important the everyone especially Chapter President’s and Secretaries keep track and on top of 2018/19 chapter/district deadlines.
Our State Secretary put these out and I think it’s important enough that we put it on the web site as well. So here you go, can’t say you didn’t see the email or it was deleted.
- December 31, 2018 – online roster membership updated by POCs. The number of members on the roster on December 31 determines the chapter per capita of $10 per member. Ex. 12 members = $120.00. NO PAPER ROSTERS will be accepted. The ALRDOC State Secretary will printout your on0line roster on December 31, 2018. The Chapter roster will be frozen on February 1, 2019 UNTIL AFTER CONVENTION. If there are any updates to your roster needed between February 1 and convention, a POC can email the Secretary and the roster will be updated.
- December 31, 2018 – Chapter per capita is due to the ALRDOC Treasurer.
- Prior to April 17, 2019– Delegates and Alternates are to be elected by chapters.
- April 17, 2019 – Delegate fees of $10 per delegate are to be sent into the ALRDOC Treasurer. Delegate fees MUST be paid even if no delegates will be attending convention. EX. 3 delegates = $30.00
- April 22, 2019 – Delegates and Alternates list is to be Emailed to the Secretary by the Chapter President or Secretary only. NO PAPER DELEGATE CERTIFICATIONS.
As you can see we have some work to do and import tasks at hand. Don’t wait until the dead-line date or morning after, we’ve all had plenty of notice mark your calendars if you haven’t already and let’s make this year a productive one.
Thank you for your time and dedication,
State Vice President
During last night’s Department Executive Committee meeting, we voted to start an attendance challenge for the American Legion Riders Department of California. The rules are easy and five winners will be drawn at our state convention at ALR 108 (Amador) next May. The contest runs August 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019. The five winners will have their 2020 parent organization dues paid by the ALR DEC. If you are a Paid Up For Life member of your parent organization you will receive the cash equivalent of the per capita your post pays to department. The rules are easy and as follows;
Attendance Challenge Rules
1. Attend your parent organization meeting without a Riders vest – one entry
(If you are a dual member, Post/Squadron or Post/Auxiliary, you get an entry for each one attended)
2. Attend your Riders meeting – one entry
3. Attend Rally – one entry
4. Take American Legion Basic Training (legion.org/training) – bonus entry
5. If you are a Post, Auxiliary, Squadron officer you will still receive an entry because of your willingness to serve our parent organizations as an officer.
6. ALR DOC officers are not eligible to win.
Submit your attendance on a monthly basis to your chapter and ensure they send it to the Area VP. We will keep track of your entries.
For God and Country,
American Legion Riders
Department of California
Veterans First * Professionalism * Teamwork
Always with passion and a sense of urgency!
MOTORCYCLE CLINIC HOSTED BY ALR CHAPTER 69 HOLLISTER
AUGUST 26, 2018 @ 0900 VETERANS HALL HOLLISTER
I am happy to announce and support the upcoming Motorcycle Clinic hosted by the ALR Chapter 69 (Hollister) at no charge to our members. The Motorcycle Clinic is being instructed by Sergeant Eddie Chan of the San Jose Police Department. This is a great opportunity for anyone who is able to attend this event and falls in line with our goals to become better Motorcycle Riders.
To attend this Clinic, you must RSVP, Mark A. Scherer, Sr. President, ALR Chapter 69 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructors Resume: Sergeant Eddie Chan is a Police Officer with 24 years on the San Jose Police Department. He served in the United States Marine Corps from 1986 to 1992 and has extensive experience training police motorcycle officers and civilians’ riders alike. Sergeant Chan has 40 years of riding experience, which includes being a motorcycle instructor for his department and with the California Motorcycle Safety Program. He competes in police motorcycle competitions and is considered one of the top police riders in the country. When Sergeant Chan is not competing on his police motorcycle, he continues to hone his skills at the race track.
Topics covered in his clinic include:
Getting to know your motorcycle
Set up in the turns
All Riders are required to bring proof of motorcycle insurance, valid Driver's License, an approved DOT Helmet, gloves, long pants and boots. Please bring your own water or drink, it will be hot.
Again, this clinic is scheduled for Aug 26, 2018, (Sunday) and all riders will meet at 0900 hours at the Veterans Hall in Hollister, 649 San Benito St, Hollister, CA 95023, and go from there. Remember you must RVSP to attend so they can get a head count to ensure enough instructors are on hand for the clinic.
If you have specific questions, you can contact Mark Scherer at 831.262.4337.
Rob Carrier Mark A. Scherer, Sr
ALR DOC Safety Officer President ALR Chapter 69
Like us on Facebook
Be one of the 593+ people receiving notifications from the "American Legion Riders Department of California" website.
Subscribe to our mailing list.