From: 05/30/2019 12:00 pm
Thru: 06/02/2019 1:00 pm
Most of the events will take place at post 60 in Laughlin except for the banquet on Saturday night , that will be at the Riverside Resort and Casino.
The Riverside has given us some very good rooms rates, The rate for Tuesday and Wednesday, including all of the taxes and resort fee will be $61.50. Thursday thru Saturday, including all of the taxes and resort fee will be $81.50. For reservations, please call 1-800-227-3849, Option 1. Be sure to mention C/ROMP when calling in for reservations. Rooms not reserved by May 1st, 2019 will be released. Room rates subject to change, book now!
Katherine Landing at Lake Mohave is a part of the Lake Mead National Recreation area. The Lake is pristine and is only 10 miles from the post. They have a hotel, RV park, campground and even a 3 bedroom house that can be rented! They are one of our sponsors and are also giving us 25% off of everything! Hotel, campground, RV park, house to rent, boat rentals and Jet ski rentals! You can get a group together for multiple patio boats (each boat can accommodate up to 10) that can cruise to a beach for a beach party, they can stock the boats with food and beverage as needed as well. Also, groups can book patio boats, add a PWC & Deluxe Wake board boat, find a secluded beach and have a beach party taking turns on the PWC and water skiing, the potential is limitless!
Use code KL1050 to obtain the discount. www.katherinelanding.com
As far as the registration for the event, we should have that on the website live in a couple days. www.riderspost60.com
You can also find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/riderspost60laughlinNV/
As we get closer to the end of the year and yes it is only 125 days before Christmas. I know let’s get through Labor Day 1st. However, it is important the everyone especially Chapter President’s and Secretaries keep track and on top of 2018/19 chapter/district deadlines.
Our State Secretary put these out and I think it’s important enough that we put it on the web site as well. So here you go, can’t say you didn’t see the email or it was deleted.
- December 31, 2018 – online roster membership updated by POCs. The number of members on the roster on December 31 determines the chapter per capita of $10 per member. Ex. 12 members = $120.00. NO PAPER ROSTERS will be accepted. The ALRDOC State Secretary will printout your on0line roster on December 31, 2018. The Chapter roster will be frozen on February 1, 2019 UNTIL AFTER CONVENTION. If there are any updates to your roster needed between February 1 and convention, a POC can email the Secretary and the roster will be updated.
- December 31, 2018 – Chapter per capita is due to the ALRDOC Treasurer.
- Prior to April 17, 2019– Delegates and Alternates are to be elected by chapters.
- April 17, 2019 – Delegate fees of $10 per delegate are to be sent into the ALRDOC Treasurer. Delegate fees MUST be paid even if no delegates will be attending convention. EX. 3 delegates = $30.00
- April 22, 2019 – Delegates and Alternates list is to be Emailed to the Secretary by the Chapter President or Secretary only. NO PAPER DELEGATE CERTIFICATIONS.
As you can see we have some work to do and import tasks at hand. Don’t wait until the dead-line date or morning after, we’ve all had plenty of notice mark your calendars if you haven’t already and let’s make this year a productive one.
Thank you for your time and dedication,
State Vice President
ALR DOC SAFETY HANDBOOK UPDATE
Just a short note to all members about MAKING changes to our Safety Handbook. In the next couple of months, the Safety Committee will be meeting (phone call) to look for any corrections, additions or mistakes in the Safety Handbook.
One area we will be addressing the location of the 3-wheel motorcycles within the group and I am sure there are other areas you might want to expand on. If you are interested in being a fly on the wall, a member or just providing input to the committee please let me know so I can keep you in the loop once we get started. Area 6 is still looking for a Safety Representative, so if you are from that Area and want to be part of our committee, contact me or your VP to fill it.
I encourage all members to download the Safety Handbook and read each line...…mark any change(s) you think should be made. Shoot me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will compile a list which will be sent to the different area safety representatives. The Committee will then meet and determine which changes are need to be made and present to the ALR DEC for approval. This will take a couple of months, but you need to start reading now.
Ride Safe my friends until we meet again.
Safety Officer ALR DOC
The 2019 ALR DoC Convention
has moved to Hollister, CA.
May 3, 4 & 5
Like us on Facebook
Be one of the 655+ people receiving notifications from the "American Legion Riders Department of California" website.
Subscribe to our mailing list.